Each week DaddiLifeForce brings you quick and easy tips to turn average time into quality dad moments.
It’s fast coming up to 2017, and for all those dads with the resolutions ready, and savouring the last few days before heading into the new year’s full on, we’ve got a couple of awesome things to do with the kids, whether younger or older, this week.
For the younger kids – turn mess into magic.
Ever feel like the living room is slowly becoming an assault course of mess each morning? Navigating the lego, cars, dog etc means that breakfast is about protecting your feet as much as feeding your stomach! We found this awesome idea from @DekorBebe to counter this, and it’s SO much easier than it looks.
WHAT TO DO
- First, take out all the strips, screws and parts.
- Then start by marking out the first hole for the first screw. (Tip – you’ll want to measure the spacing between the strips beforehand, depending on how many you’re putting up).
- Ensure your second screw and fix is straight. I use iHandy app for ease.
- Once the second screw is drilled in, just place the magnetic strip over the fix and there you have it! Your once car mess, is now ready to be wall art.
Here’s a video to go through step by step.
For the older kids – The laser beam challenge!
We had some kids stay over recently, and this one from Chicken babies is about to make your hallway the best room in the entire home! It’ll work just as well for one child or many!
WHAT TO DO
- Get the kids to form a line and take it in turns trying to get through the hallway without touching any laser beams (red streamers).
- You can start with just 3 laser beams in the hallway and after the whole line gets through add 1 or 2 more.
- By the end of the game you’ll probably find the hall covered in streamers and being very tricky to get through, but you’ll be surprised how many kids make it without touching!
Tried this? Tag #daddilifeforce into your efforts and get shared across our Facebook and Instagram communities.
Got a #daddilifeforce move of your own you think we should feature? Send it into us at email@example.com for our next roundups. Have a great new years dad. ?